Interview with K Lozz
1. Please tell us a little about yourself (short bio).
My mom came to Saginaw with my OG G MAMA (REST HER BEAUTIFUL SOUL),
from union springs Alabama when she was 16 years old. She gave birth to me and
moved back to Alabama. I’ve been back and forth since I was 2 years old. I’ve lived
on every side of town and went to every school in Saginaw.
2. What is the music scene like in Saginaw and the state of Michigan?
There is no real music scene. It’s hard to get exposure because we such a small ass
city with no major attractions, beside violence and low street prices (lol). Nothing
about that says go check it out the talent in Saginaw. I have had to travel a lot. I have
rocked packed shows as well as basement backyard talent shows to just make
3. How did you get the name K Lozz?
My government name is Kenneth (K). “Lozz” means, lost in my own world.
4. How did you meet your friend and manager, Bigbake?
I met Bake at a video shoot in Saginaw, Michigan by another Michigan artist named
Dizzy Bates, like five years ago. We clicked but it was more like destiny.
5. What is the concept for the record “Dope”
The “Dope” concept is everything that’s fly. “Dope” is what we all want personally in
every form. Everything from shoes, clothes, money to what society thinks is bad like
drugs, all the way down cigarettes…. It’s all “Dope!!! But it’s my life, my
circumstances and how I’ve been able to survive.
6. How did you come up with the record and elaborate on the process of
making it and finding the producer.
I was just going through YouTube instrumentals and ran across the producer
KMakeHitz. He a humble dude and cool as a fan. He took time to kick it on the gram.
He was always 100. As far as me makin the song, to me each beat tell its own story
and I have the ability to hear the story and tell the story as it relates to my lifestyle.
7. What project are you currently working on after “DOPE”
After “Dope,” I am dropping a mixtape called, “It’ Me.”
8. Do you want to stay local or independent? Why?
I want to progress. Whatever works for my family, works for me. If the situation is
right then I’m there every night.
9. Where do you see yourself in the next 1-3 years?
In the next 1 – 3 years I see myself stacking money, rocking stages, and changing my
teams situation song-by- song, deed-by- deed.
10. Why did you decided to pursue a music career?
There was a time when I had no one to talk to and no way to release. Music found
me when I was in a dark place….. “They” say you should pick a career that can take
care of home, keep a smile on your face, and that you love.
11. What struggles have you gone through since you started music?
I wanted to spend more time making music but I had to do what I had to do to pay
the bills. Time balance is always an issue. Early on, I didn’t always have the money to
promote myself from the city called Saginaw.
12. What positive things have you gone through since you started in music?
Music has brought me closer to my true self. I also have a hardworking team,
Bigbake my manager and Hustle Pham Entertainment.
13. How long have you been rapping?
I’ve been rapping since 2009 (High School)
STREAM K LOZZ “DOPE” BELOW!
Management: Big Bake @bigbake01