Born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio.
2. How did you get started making music?
While I was overseas playing ball, I decided to use my free time to create music.
3. What are some of your music influences?
I’m a music head, so I listen and learn from all genres of music. Old school to new school hip hop and R&B, gospel, even some blues, rock and pop music. Each genre has something valuable that has in some way influenced my career. Some of my favorite artists include J. Cole, Fabolous, Drake, Trey Songz, Kirk Franklin, Ray Charles, Jimmy Hendrix and Michael Jackson.
4. What were some of the concepts involved in making the video for this project?
The concept was to capture the impact Kobe Bryant made on my life. The young kid in the video (my nephew), plays a younger me. Watching the Lakers and training with my day played a major role in my childhood. The goal was to create a body of work that every basketball fan around the world can feel and relate too. I believe we accomplished that goal.
5. What events do you have coming up?
I’ll be doing some virtual 1 on 1 sit down sessions with a few of Kobe Bryant’s former teammates, just talking about our favorite Kobe moments along with a bunch of interviews with some major music outlets.
6. Who produced the song? Who is featured on it?
My single, “Dear Kobe,” was produced by ONYB Free.
7. Will there be a full project coming based around this?
Yes, the “Through the Storm” mixtape was released on June 2nd and produced by JahGotTheJuice.
8. Who shot the video and their affiliation?
“Dear Kobe,” was shot by Kyle Hammonds Visuals, a Cleveland based video production team.
9. Is there anything else you want to tell your fans?
I’ve been a diehard Kobe fan my entire life. He’s somebody who’s shaped the way I play the game of basketball and live my life. To all the other Kobe fans out there, allow his life to motivate you to put in the work it takes to accomplish your dreams. Mamba Mentality foreva!